What all Worthy-ers need to know
Let’s review the ground rules. Your coaches will do their best to remind you of these simple things as well.
- If athletes cannot make the class time they are reserved for, canceling of reservation is a must.
- All athletes need to be relatively warmed up by the start time of your class.
- Warm up using the designated area until class starts.
- Equipment should be cared for and put away correctly, after all other athletes have finished their workout
- DO NOT walk near another athlete lifting. Wait until they are done to pass.
- Record weights and scores into Wodify; doing this will track individuals progress and help to figure out which weight you should be using.
- Finish post workout cool down (mobility) within 15 minutes of your class finishing. This will ensure the current classes focus. All other “extra” activities can be done during Open Gym.
- Work hard, forget about the problems of your day, and give it your all, every day.
- Do not cheat. Do every rep, with solid technique, no matter the time it takes. You only cheat yourself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person. There is no honor in cheating, what joy is there in a victory you didn’t earn? If needed, scale the movement to something sustainable.
- Be patient. Accidents, injuries, and lack of progress usually come as a result of impatience. Don’t be greedy. Slow down. Ask questions. Ask for help. Upward progression in strength, speed, and ability will come.
- Be welcoming and supportive. That is who we are.